Monday, January 12, 2009

I love Christmas...


One of the main reasons why I love Christmas is because we have time to rest.

I love Christmas for the spirit that awakens in people. All the streets are enlightened and people walk by them even do much colder.

I like the lights but also would be nice to find a solution to spend less energy. I like That people make gifts, but I don't like consumerism.

The American traditions, I really like me, except Santa Claus, I have mania because when I was small he didn't bring gifts for me. I like the Magi more because they bring me gifts and also is a Spanish tradition.

Another Spanish tradition that I like is that they eat the twelve grapes. It's fun because I always eat them all I find very difficult. In other countries they do other things or they do nothing.

One of the American traditions that make me grace very much is the big decorating their houses with lights. In my house we do not do it but it would be fun but without being exaggerated.

Another is to eat turkey on Christmas Day. This year, the boyfriend of my cousin made a big turkey stuffing and all the family went to eat at home of them. It is tradition in my family that Christmas Day we go to eat at my uncle's house but from this year changes. On Christmas day we will go home to my cousins and day is St. Stephen at home of my uncle.

My mother was born in a village of Castilla la mancha, Chequilla. In the town square, next to clock of the church, it is tradition that all the villagers will meet after dinner to take the twelve grapes. It is very cold and often after eating grapes has started to snow.

My favourite day of Christmas is the day of kings. I like getting up and down beside the tree to open presents with my parents. The whole families gather at my house and eat together. The menu is the same every year and so it's also a tradition.

The only bad of Christmas is the end.


Adriana ^^

1 comment:

  1. Excellent work, Adriana. I am the Greek teacher. This is exactly what we wanted you to do. Now that I've read your post, I know a lot more about traditions in Spain. It was also interesting to read what you like about Christmas and the fact that you are concerned about energy problems.

    ReplyDelete